I’ve started releasing guest appearances I’ve made on other podcasts. The first one is an interview with Joshua Sheats on Radical Personal Finance about hitchhiking and budget travel in general. I share my experiences and we both go in depth on tactics around hitchhiking, housing, transport and ultralight backpacking.
Here are Joshua’s show notes:
Do you wish to set out and travel but feel like you lack the money? Well, what if you did it anyway and just adjusted your style of travel to fit a more modest budget?
My guest today is long-time listener of the show, Philip Frey. A few years ago he did exactly that.
He set out across Europe with a schoolmate and they managed to cobble together a very fun trip on a very modest budget!
In today’s show we discuss Philip’s experiences and advice for how to replicate a trip like his.
I also share some of my tips and ideas for how I would approach a trip like this for myself.
Enjoy the show!
- Philip’s website: http://www.valiantgrowth.com/
- A stand-alone episode that Philip did on his podcast “Extreme Travel: My Story of Hitchhiking Through Europe on Under $40 a Week” http://www.valiantgrowth.com/e32/
- Also, “How to Spend $2/day on Food” http://www.valiantgrowth.com/e14/
- Steven Harris’s website on “How to Keep Your Phone Charged All the Time Anywhere in the World That You Go” http://www.cellphone1234.com/
- Hitchwiki: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Hitchhiking the World http://hitchwiki.org
- Support RPF on Patreon! www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron