What is your purpose? What is your vision for yourself? What goals have you set for yourself? Why these goals and not others?
In this podcast I discuss about why purpose is important and how it affects procrastination, present a step-by-step approach to developing it (while encouraging you to craft your own approach) and provide resources for further exploration.
- Prepare your mind with stimulating questions
- Find and define your core needs
- Set up scales for assessing to what extent you’ve met your core needs
- Assess your present position
- Establish the big picture: the next levels of fulfillment.
- Brainstorm 30 ideas for each big picture goal
- Narrow the list down. Look for solutions that repeat.
- Choose 3-5 goals. Smartify them.
- (optional) Analyze impact on core needs to gain further clarity
- Create a period purpose summary
- Create plans and milestones
- Create supporting rules and habits
- Review and repeat periodically
Recommended book: Goals! by Brian Tracy
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.